- What is Dialectical Behavioral Therapy?
- What is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
- Is therapy confidential?
The Law protects the confidentiality of all communications between a client and psychotherapist. No information is disclosed without prior written consent from the client. However, there are some exceptions required by law to this rule.
- Suspected past or present abuse or neglect of children, adults, and elders to the authorities including Child Protection and law enforcement, based on information provided by the client or collateral sources.
- If the therapist has reason to suspect that the client is seriously in danger of harming him/herself or has threatened harm to another person.
- Additional limits to confidentiality include if client's records are subpoenaed by a judge.
“Life is available only in the present moment.”
-Thích Nhất Hạnh